If you do not see anycurrent openings listed below contact the library about volunteer opportunities.
Title: Library Assistant, Part-time Salary: $13.50/hr.
Location: Waterford Township Public Library, 2204 Atco Avenue, Atco, NJ 08004
The Waterford Township Public Library is looking for a self-motivated, courteous, candidate who is also energetic and enthusiastic. The ideal candidate will take the lead in working with preschool children and elementary/middle school children. Flexibility for scheduling programming at days and times that children will find convenient is a must. There will also be an expectation to participate in outreach in the schools and community. A knowledge of pop-culture and familiarity with children’s books/authors is a plus. Must have a willingness to be part of a team and work closely with co-workers, as well as, strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Plans and delivers weekly storytimes/activities for babies and toddlers
- Plans and delivers other age-appropriate programs for children throughout the year
- Runs the Summer Reading Program and corresponding activities
- Acts as a liaison for the local schools
- Performs community outreach when necessary
- Attends workshops and learning opportunities for continuing education to keep up with library trends
- Assists with all aspects of library circulation
- Other duties as assigned
20-24 hours a week. Including at least 2 Saturdays a month. Must be available Tuesday mornings.
Submit cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8/5/2019